Tuesday, March 22, 2016

SCHNEIDER 40 AMP MPT WIND CONTROLLER

This controller is a pretty good addition to a solar/wind combo.  Basically, all they do is divert load from battery charging duties to a load diversion (resistor bank or water heating element):

    Schneider Electric C40 PWM Charge controller

This used to be a Xantrex product, but Schneider took over and is hopefully going to take it up a notch.  I notice that they added the black heat-sink to this unit over the old Xantrex model.  Xantrex makes decent inverters and I am using the 1000W and 2000W models in my smallest power generation package with AGM batteries (more to come later).  I most likely will get the 6000W and the 1500W units out at the same time.

On the 6000W unit, I am STILL looking for something that communicates with the other elements of my system via network port.  Most of these are stand-alone (and that is okay, too), but I would like something that is just slightly more seamlessly integrated.  This is the final piece of my puzzle.  If I can find nothing better, I punt and go with the standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment